Capacity of Senior Lot To Be Increased!

Boulder High Administration Splits Existing Parking Spots To Increase Availability.

BOULDER, CO – In a much needed step to address the near-lack of parking at Boulder High School, the school’s administration announced their plan to create more spaces for students and solve the parking crisis by dividing each parking spot in the senior lot, doubling the amount of available parking spots.

“I am very relieved that the administration of Boulder High finally took action on this issue, which is one that has inconvenienced students for decades,” said BVSD school board president Tina Marquis. “Parents and students have been complaining about the parking situation for years, and this project is long overdue.”

“After years of careful, comprehensive planning, we are proud to announce today our plan to increase the capacity of the Senior parking lot,” explained Dr. James Hill, the principal of Boulder High. “Our plan calls for dividing each existing parking space in two, creating two new parking spots in place of the one that previously existed within the same space. This plan will allow us to solve an issue that students and parents are extremely vocal about without expanding the parking lot and sacrificing the many acres of empty, unused turf that can be found all over the campus, including immediately adjacent to the Senior lot.”

Randall Carlyle, spokesman for Boulder Parking Services, stated that he is confident that the project will be effective in reducing illegal parking around the school and that enforcement will be ramped up as students, particularly seniors, “no longer have an excuse” to park in 2 Hour parking spaces while they are at school.

Boulder High’s parking attendant, Lex Freeman, also notified students and parents that “fines and punishment for parking violations within the Senior lot will be made harsher, especially for violations for double parking”.