COVID-19 at Boulder High

Only one week in, and COVID-19 cases already appearing

BVSD+is+monitoring+all+active+cases+and+school-related+exposure+on+their+website.+

BVSD is monitoring all active cases and school-related exposure on their website.

After only one week of in-person learning, two individuals in the Boulder High Community have tested positive for COVID-19. While we don’t know who the individuals are, freshman and staff members were the main people in the building during the first week of in-person learning. 

An email sent to parents on Monday evening stated that “on Thursday and Friday, October 22nd and 23rd, 2020, an individual was at Boulder High School during normal school hours. On Saturday, October 24, 2020, the individual tested positive for COVID-19.” 

While the email leaves it unclear whether there has been a second case, the BVSD COVID-19 Dashboard has reported four separate cases at Boulder High. This has led to 29 students and three teachers quarantining until November 6th, 30 students and 3 staff quarantining until November 7th, 21 students and 3 staff quarantining until November 5th and 6 students and two staff members quarantining until November 11th. 

It is unclear whether or not the quarantines overlap; however, assuming they don’t, this is a total of 86 students and 11 staff members that have had to quarantine. The cases are rising quickly as days progress and more students get tested.

The email goes on to remind parents to look out for COVID-19 symptoms in themselves and their students. It directs parents to “find more information about COVID-19 and what you can do to protect yourself, your family, and your community on the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and Centers for Disease Control websites.” 

The school has reached out directly to anyone who may have been exposed to the individuals and is doing everything they can to keep students and staff members safe.