Share-A-Gift

The holiday season is upon us, and what better way to celebrate than to give back to the community? This year, Boulder High’s National Honor Society project managers Gavriel Mulligan and Jaden Rausenberger have organized a partnership with Boulder’s Share-A-Gift foundation.

I recently sat down with Rausenberger to find out exactly what this school-wide fundraiser is about and to see how members of the Boulder High community can help. On Share-A-Gift’s website, it says that “Share–A–Gift is an all-volunteer, secular annual holiday project that provides toys, books and bicycles for children of low-income families in the area of Colorado’s Boulder Valley School District.” Rausenberger informed me that Boulder High’s National Honors Society will be helping them out through several means; they are organizing a school-wide fundraiser, in which they are encouraging students (and their families) to make monetary donations as well as buying gifts, which will all go to families in need in the BVSD area. 

Members of NHS will be delivering these gifts to Share-A-Gift. Students should place donations in the cardboard box located in their second period classroom. There will also be a large Home Depot box set up for donations in the front lobby. Students are encouraged to ask their parents to donate.

Rausenberger says that “on December 14th, NHS members will go down to Share-A-Gift where they will help low-income families pick out gifts, usually for their kids.” Students of NHS will separate into Spanish-speaking and not in order to make the process more efficient. Each student is then assigned a family and will help them pick out gifts.

This holiday season, help families in need by donating to Share-A-Gift and encouraging others to donate!